August 1st, 2012
Here’s a roundup of British beauty products that take the GOLD.
With all the emphasis around London and the Olympics, I want to pay tribute to some beauty products that initiated from across the pond, and we are lucky enough to have in the United States.
Here are my TOP FIVE picks:
1. Trilogy- The sister duo behind Trilogy gave new meaning to Rose Hip, a skin loving nutrient, which has been used for centuries to heal and rejuvenate skin. They struck oil and developed a new way to extract the purest elements from this oil - now it is one of the best selling products in London. [You can buy it here in the US for $24, at Beautorium]
2. No7/Boots- Born in Britain in 1935, No7 from Boots began 77 years ago with a core philosophy of providing trusted beauty essentials to women seven days a week. Since 2007, this lucky 7 brand has become just as much of an American staple line, especially when Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum soared to new heights as the one product proven to reduce wrinkles. And, we must not forget Boots UK, which is the leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, first established by John Boot in England in 1849, and has been a beauty and health establishment to the British community for many years. Thankfully, Boots branded products are available in the States at Target.
3. Butter London- This fashionable, non-toxic nail lacquer company originated in London, has just paired up matching shades for lips, or as the Brits like to say 'Lippy' lip glosses. This must-have 'Yummy Mummy' beige shade, has been an obsession of many Americans here in the states (including mine), which works on pretty much any skin tone.
4. Lush- This line is best known for its bath bombs, slices of soap, and handmade products formulated with fresh, natural and organic ingredients, but recently has expanded to hair, face and body products. We applaud the latest Lush news, the debut of its vegan cosmetics line that includes handcrafted liquid lipsticks, cream eyeshadows and liquid eyeliners. Cleverly packaged to look like dropper-top paint bottles, the ‘Emotional Brilliance’ makeup collection takes its cue from artists' colors and tools.
5. Soap & Glory- This line was developed by suds-loving entrepreneur, Marcia Kilgore and bathes all of Britain- even supports the "Clean of England". The gloss - on almost everybody's lips is the (now iconic) super-plumping Sexy Mother Pucker. Soap & Glory's Righteous Butter Body Butter was voted Britain's Best Body Butter and our Make Yourself Youthful anti-aging peptide serum took The Times (UK publication) beauty awards gold star.
To keep the body in good health is a duty...otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong.