Runway Hair- GET IT HERE, John Frieda Giveaway
September 17th, 2012
WIN exact products used backstage at designer Zac Posen’s Spring 2013 Show.
Zac Posen's Spring 2013 evoked a whimsical elegance. With flowery prints and delicate chiffon, the innovative collection puts a fanciful touch on Spring. He envisioned rich, vibrant hair color to make the runway looks truly pop. John Frieda® International Creative Consultant Harry Josh brought this vision to life, using John Frieda® Precision Foam Colour to enhance models’ shades with saturated colour and shine that complemented Zac Posen’s spring pieces. An essential part of the runway look, the hair colour brought vibrancy and brightness to Posen’s singular designs. Harry Josh chose Precision Foam Colour for its salon-quality coverage and expert colourist-selected shades, using tones that closely matched the models’ own hair colours, serving to enrich their shades rather than completely change them.
The hair style played an important role. In order to enhance the richness of the colour, John Frieda® Global Creative Consultant Luigi Murenu melded two looks into one – creating a graphic style in the front and a soft wave in the back. Drawing inspiration from polished wood, Murenu described the look as “chic, elegant and timeless.”
To create the style seen on the runway, Luigi Murenu used the following steps:
· Step 1: To keep the crown frizz-free, apply a dime-sized amount of Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Original Formula, smoothing hair downward from the top of the head to below the ear.
· Step 2: Next apply Frizz-Ease® Curl Reviver Styling Mousse evenly through hair and brush to uniformly distribute product.
· Step 3: Create a severe middle part and blow dry completely, brushing hair back and away from the face to make the hair at the crown flat and smooth.
· Step 4: With a 1” curling iron, create a wave by wrapping small sections of hair twice around the barrel. Make sure to stop before reaching the nape of the neck in order to keep the crown flat. Brush hair out to create one uniform wave.
· Step 5: Follow with Frizz-Ease® Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to keep style in place.
Harry’s Backstage Tip: “The moment before the show begins is filled with nervous energy – then the music starts, the lights beam down and all eyes are on the first model. The last thing anyone wants to see is dull, washed-out colour. Apply Precision Foam Colour 24 hours before your big debut to get salon-quality richness and shine that will make you the center of attention.”
Luigi’s Backstage Tip: “Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Original Formula is a Fashion Week essential. Not only do I use it on damp hair to tame frizz, but I also use it right before models walk the runway. This added touch keeps styles smooth and extra shiny and makes the model’s hair colour look radiant,” Murenu reveals.
WHAT IT COSTS: Precision Foam Colour $12.99; Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Original Formula $5.99; Frizz-Ease® Curl Reviver Styling Mousse $5.99; Frizz-Ease® Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray $5.99
WHERE TO FIND IT: Food, drug and mass retailers nationwide
BEAUTY GIVEAWAY: 5 readers will each WIN a set of the three Frizz-Ease products and a box of Precision Foam Colour - all used to get the look at the show. ENTER NOW, winners will be contacted to pick out the Precision Foam Colour they would like. DEADLINE: Midnight tonight!
If your hair looks good...it's going to be a good day.