Skin Saving Sunscreens
June 17th, 2015
~ Here’s what’s new and the best from my point-of-view.
What's the biggest anti-aging secret? SUNSCREEN. If you don't believe me, no need to go to the pros to find out if this statement is true, just ask any 70-year old woman with perfect skin--- I bet she'll share, she didn't bake in the sun as a teenager. Here's a few that just launched and top my list of must-haves.
- No one likes to wear a sunscreen that leaves you 'white on the face' - that's why L'Oreal has one that goes on and dries clearly with a high protection of SPF 50. L'Oreal Advanced Suncare Invisible Protect Clear Cool Lotion, SPF 50+, $11.
- This is just one that everyone LOVES--- ask your friends and its bound to come up, I'm sure. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Cooling Water- Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 Face seems to be a good one for all skin tones and for the young and old alike! This new one transforms into a cooling water-like formula when you apply to your skin.
- Smaller is better at times especially when packing for a trip or throwing a sunscreen into your everyday bag. That's why I like to tote Coppertone's Sunscreen Continuous Spray 1.6-ounce trial size. An added bonus: it offers a powerful spray rather than a fine mist.
- This small sunscreen stick is packed with lots of benefits including hydration (thanks to the coco butter, shea butter and coconut oil in the formula), high sun protection and its stick form allows you to cover hard to reach places. Palmer Butter Formula Eventone Sunscreen Stick, SPF 50, $4.00 (launching in stores now).
- Sweating and sunscreen isn't the ideal situation, that's why Neutrogena's CoolDry Sport Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $10, is the perfect solution. This formula wicks away sweat and protects your skin for up to 80 minutes.
- If you experience breakouts, sunscreens can feel greasy and you probably feel you are aggravating the problem. BUT, Kiehl's Activated Sun Protector Water-Light Lotion for Face & Body, SPF 30, $29, is a good one to try, because it is water-based (not oily at all!) and is gentle for sensitive skin even if acne isn't your problem.
- If a daily, lightweight moisturizer is more your style when just hitting the pavement walking here and there, consider Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Featherweight Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15, $21. While fighting the sun it will do a good job keeping you hydrated and plumping your skin to keep it looking great.
- Those pesky dark spots are hard to protect at times, and it's good to double up with a product that can protect and treat at the same time. Dr. Dennis Gross Dark Spots Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen, $42, deals with it all thanks to the formula containing vitamin C and melatonin.
- More and more antiaging products will eventually contain high SPF levels, and StriVectin is setting the pace offering potency ingredients like niacin that can also neutralize wrinkle-causing free radicals from the sun in addition to SPF 30. This formula is creamy and thick and your skin will feel full equipped! StriVectin Nia 114 Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $89.
You can take no credit for beauty at sixteen. But if you are beautiful at sixty, it will be your soul's own doing.